My name is Scott and I am the Chief Development Officer for Paragon Initiative Enterprises. We are technology consultants based in Orlando, FL that specialize in application security and web development. We frequently work in the PHP cryptography realm, where few cryptography experts dare tread.
A sample of our open source security projects that are worth checking out include:
- A Curated List for Learning Application Security
- Halite - a user-friendly PHP cryptography library powered by Libsodium
- Pharaoh - diff for executable PHP Archives
- CMS Airship: A secure CMS built with PHP 7 and Halite
We also publish blog posts about web development, application security, and other related topics. Our six most popular blog posts to date:
- How to Safely Store Your Users' Passwords in 2016
- The difference between encryption and authentication, and why you want authenticated encryption
- Implementing a Login System in PHP, with a secure "Remember Me" feature
- Everything You Need to Know About Preventing Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities in PHP
- The Easy and Definitive Guide to Preventing SQL Injection in PHP applications
- Choosing the Right Cryptography Library for your PHP Project: A Guide
My profile used to say:
...but that ended up happening on November 1, 2019.