Lisp is a (family of) general purpose programming language(s), based on the lambda calculus, and with the ability to manipulate source code as a data structure.
The name LISP derives from "LISt Processing". It was originally created as a practical mathematical notation for computer programs. See wikipedia for more information.
Hello World Program in Lisp
;;; Hello World in Common Lisp (defun helloworld () (print "Hello World!"))
Free Lisp Programming Books
- Common Lisp the Language, 2nd Edition
- Common Lisp: A Gentle Introduction to Symbolic Computation - David S. Touretzky
- Common Lisp Quick Reference
- Let Over Lambda - 50 Years of Lisp
- Natural Language Processing in Lisp
- On Lisp
- Practical Common Lisp
- Successful Lisp: How to Understand and Use Common Lisp - David Lamkins
- Sketchy LISP - Nils Holm