Questions requesting help with school homework. This tag lets potential answerers know that they should GUIDE the student in solving the problem, rather than showing a complete solution. CAUTION: Before posting, consider that classmates may be tempted to reuse code from your post. (Read the tag wiki.)
It is suggested that you include the following information with your question:
- What the objective of the assignment is
- Whether any language features are off-limits
- Whether there are any unmodifiable parts of the code
Caution: Classmates and instructors often see questions posted on Code Review. Before posting your question, please consider possible scenarios:
- Classmates may be tempted to plagiarize. In that case, it may be difficult to prove your original authorship of the code.
- Instructors may be upset to see the question posted, especially if it is an exam question. They may consider your request for assistance to be academic dishonesty. (Code Review, as a community, generally has no moral problem with helping students learn more, but instructors may not agree with that viewpoint.)
- The site policy is to decline requests to delete questions once they have been answered, unless there is a legal issue.
For these reasons, it may be a better idea to wait until after the due date of the assignment before posting your question.