Add this tag to your question to indicate that you are new to the language of your code. This will often be taken into consideration by reviewers when assessing your code.
Some adjustments a reviewer may make when reviewing a beginner's code are:
- Common practices and code styles that "everyone knows" may be absent, and that's OK. The reviewer will probably make note of these common practices without being "harsh".
- Assuming that language constructs used in the code are there because those may be the only alternative the asker may know, and not because they are being used for any special reason, may lead to suggestions to use different language features or libraries.
- Making suggestions that are easy to understand, rather than being the most efficient or optimal.
- Pointing out common patterns (not necessarily related to the specific language) that "everyone knows", but may not be obvious to a beginner.
- Explaining potentially new concepts in more detail than needed for more experienced programmers.